SECTION XIII. CONCERNING TITHING AND GIVING.
A. We believe that every Christian is a steward of that portion of God’s wealth entrusted to him.
B. We believe that every Christian is obligated to support his local church financially.
C. We believe that God has established the tithe as a basis for giving to support the local church.
D. We believe that the local church is a steward of the tithes given by its members.
1. The local church uses the tithes to support its pastor(s).
2. The local church uses the tithes to operate its own ministry and pay its own expenses.
3. The local church uses the tithes to relieve those in need.
4. The local church uses the tithes to support evangelism and missions at home and abroad.
E. We believe that love offerings should be sacrificially and cheerfully given above and beyond the tithe according to the Lord’s provision and the prompting of the Holy Spirit.
F. We believe that a Christian relinquishes all rights to direct the use of tithes and offerings once the gift has been given.
SECTION XIV. CONCERNING WOMEN IN MINISTRY.
A. We believe that men and women are of equal worth in the eyes of the Lord Jesus.
B. We believe that both men and women have unique and designated roles in the home and in the church.
1. In the home, men are to be the head even as Christ is the Head of the Church.
2. In the church, men are to be the leaders as the body of Scripture indicates.
C. We believe that women may serve in a variety of ministry capacities.
D. We believe that women may not serve in the offices of Pastor or Deacon.
E. We believe that women are not to teach men or to usurp authority over them.
SECTION XV. CONCERNING CIVIL GOVERNMENT.
A. We believe that God has ordained and created all authority consisting of three basic institutions.
1. The Home.
2. The Church.
3. The State.
B. We believe that these institutions are equal and sovereign in their respective, Biblically assigned spheres of responsibility under God.
1. Each institution has its unique and specific area of responsibility and jurisdiction.
2. No institution has the right to infringe upon the jurisdiction of the others.
C. We believe that every person is subject to these authorities; however,
1. Every person is ultimately answerable to God, including the authorities themselves.
2. Every person is to be governed by the universal, non-optional, unchangeable principles of God’s Word.