SECTION I. CONCERNING THE SCRIPTURES.
A. We believe the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God.
1. Inspiration is the work of the Holy Spirit.
a. He breathed upon holy men of God in days of old.
b. He authorized and directed the writing of the original autographs.
2. Inspiration is both verbal and plenary in its content.
3. Inspiration is both inerrant and infallible in its accuracy.
4. Inspiration extends to all sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments.
5. Inspiration extends equally and fully to all divisions and subjects of Scripture.
a. In the Old Testament: Law, History, Poetry, and Prophecy.
b. In the New Testament: Gospels, History, Epistles, and Prophecy.
B. We believe the Bible is the divinely preserved Word of God.
1. God’s Word is preserved pure throughout all ages by His providential care.
2. God’s Word is preserved in the Hebrew in the Masoretic Text.
3. God’s Word is preserved in the Greek in the Textus Receptus.
4. God’s Word is preserved in the English in the Authorized Text, which is the KJV.
C. We believe the Bible is the divinely finished Word of God.
1. The Bible is the record of God’s revelation of Himself to mankind.
2. The Bible is finished, complete in its scope and perfect in its nature.
3. The Bible needs nothing added, subtracted, improved, or changed.
4. The Bible is to be interpreted in a plain, literal way. The normal grammatical-historical sense is to be understood, unless the context indicates otherwise.
D. We believe the Bible is the sole and final source of authority for faith and practice.
SECTION II. CONCERNING THE TRUE GOD.
A. We believe in the one Triune God.
1. God exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, yet one God.
2. Each person of the God-head has the same nature, attributes, and perfection.
3. Each person of the God-head is worthy of the same worship and obedience.
4. Each person of the God-head exercises distinct but harmonious offices in the work of redemption.
B. We believe that God is the Sovereign Ruler of the Universe.
1. He is the Creator of heaven and earth and all that is in them, animate and inanimate.
2. He is the Sustainer of all creation.
3. He is the Redeemer of mankind from the curse of sin.
4. He is the Father of all those who experience repentance and saving faith in Jesus Christ.
5. He is the Judge of all the earth.
C. We believe that God’s attributes are both non-moral and moral.
1. Non-morally, He is a Spirit, Self-existent, Immense, Eternal, Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent, and Immutable.
2. Morally, He is a God of Holiness, Righteousness, Justice, and Truth; at the same time, He is a God of Goodness, Love, Grace, and Mercy.
SECTION III. CONCERNING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
A. We believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
1. He has always been and will always be eternally co-existent with the Father.
2. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary.
3. He has the very nature of His Father, though he took upon himself the form of man.
4. He is God who became man with all essential properties and common infirmities.
5. He lived totally apart from and without sin, though tempted in all ways like as we.
6. He is the God-man, that is, all God and all man.
B. We believe that Jesus is the Savior of Men.
1. He satisfied the righteous demands of the Law with His perfect life.
2. He satisfied the just penalty for our sins with His atoning death.
3. He presented Himself as a voluntary, sinless, substitute for men.
4. He offered his broken body and shed blood as a propitiatory sacrifice to God.
5. He finished the work of atonement for our sins on the cross once for all.
6. He raised bodily from the dead after three days and three nights in the grave.
7. He walked on earth in the presence of witnesses for forty days and nights.
8. He ascended to heaven on a cloud in the presence of witnesses.
C. We believe that Jesus is the Sustainer of Believers.
1. He is the Mediator between God and men, the great High Priest.
2. He is the Advocate of believers, interceding for their sins and pleading for their needs.
3. He is the Head of the Church.
4. He is the Bridegroom who will return in the Father’s good time for His Bride.
D. We believe that Jesus is the Sovereign of the Millennial Kingdom.
1. He will return bodily in power and glory to judge the world.
2. He will consummate His redemptive mission and subject His kingdom to the Father.